Soul Seeds ~ Professional Doula Services
The mission of Soul Seeds Professional Doula Services is to provide ongoing care and support for expecting people and their family during the pregnancy, labor & birth, and postpartum period.
What Services Include
- A free initial consultation
- 2 prenatal visits in your home, or place of preference
- 24/7 text or phone support at 38 weeks until you think you are in labor
- Support at home or hospital throughout labor ~ continuing through birth at home or hospital
- Immediate postpartum care, helping to initiate/facilitate immediate skin to skin contact, breastfeeding, and other needs following birth
- At least 1 maybe 2 postpartum visits
- A nourishing and tasty postpartum meal
What is a Doula, and what does she do?
A Birth Doula
- Recognizes birth as a key experience the mother will remember all her life
- Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
- Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
- Stays with the woman throughout the labor
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decisions
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers
- Perceives her role as nurturing and protecting the woman's memory of the birth experience
- Supports the partner in allowing their role to feel authentic and without the pressure of 'needing to know what to do'
- Provides nonjudgemental support in whatever choices the birthing family makes to have a positive and satisfying birth experience
- Understands and embraces the diversity of our community's birthing families and is 100% LGBT friendly